Comparison of the capabilities of the Clausing 8520 versus the 8530 ?

My 8520 had been fitted with the factory power feed (variac, universal motor and friction clutch) but, astonishingly, still had the original crank and dial in the cabinet. Since the power feed was no longer feeding and seemed pretty clunky anyway, I just reinstalled the original crank and dial after I had cleaned everything up and replaced the bearings.

I had exactly the same experience with mine, and I couldn't believe that all of the original parts were still with it, either. I've had the mill for a several years now, and just sold the original power feed a couple of months ago.

I bought the 8520 from a retiring machinist. It was sitting next to a Bridgeport clone that I was actually there to look at, and he said he used it when he needed to hold closer tolerances. Nice machine, among many nice machines that he had. I wish I had had the money to buy the Hardinge HLV lathe from him as well. He had bought it new, and said that it was the machine that really fed his family.

-Jon

Any body have any parts for a 8520? I need some dial and shafts for one, or would buy a parts machine. Bones

Back