Competition Shooters, Reloading Shotgun Shells.

Silverbullet

Registered
Registered
How I solved the problem of spilling shot when refilling the machine. I built a separate stand and used the stand for under the reloader. With a 12" # 1/4" thick square plate. Off to the right of the machine I welded 1 1/8" x 12" square box tubing upright and added gussets for support . The Stainless container is about a 6 quart size pot. I cut the bottom out to install a 3/4" brass ball valve with a 1" nipple I machined three inch dia washers and cut the inside nuts to 1/8" thickness . With the pots side near the top I drilled a 1/2" hole and made a boss to fit the hole . After that I made the leg for the pot it's about 3' x 1" square tubing I then measured where I needed the pot to hang and bent some 1/8" x 3/8" steel in a egg shape and welded it to the leg then I sat the pot on the welded support on the leg and put the boss in the hole in the pot . After marking and then welding the boss to the leg I drilled it thru to accept a 3/8" bolt . The I measured where to add the stop holes for the pin that hooks it to the base I drilled thru both tubing pieces and also an extra hole to raise the pot to do maintenance on the reloader. After it was primed and painted i assembled it since the loader sets on the plate I used the loader as the drilling template a few punch marks and drilling I mounted on my desk I use . Yes the holes were done prior to paint . After a plastic nipple screwed into the ball valve it was ready to use. Now I did this about twenty years ago but it was a project so I figured I'd share it. Now it's messy central but when I used it daily there was no clutter on the desk , But I've not used it since 2006 and my family cleaned the room up and I told them the loading stuff can't go outside so they piled it YUPP.20180311_145447-1.jpg20180311_145454.jpg

Not a problem in California, we are not allowed to use shot. We have a flag that pops out and says Bang on it.

Nice setup... is that a 9000H? I have 4 9000G loaders, one each in 12, 20, 28, and .410...

I don't use them much anymore, I rarely shoot 28 and .410, and I can buy 12 and 20 ammo cheaper than I can load it...

-Bear

I have a MEC 9000G and been using a funnel for loading shot and powder and that works fine for me. I used to buy in bulk to get better price. 5,000 primers, wads and ton of shot to split with some other shooters. Every time I buy birds I put in order for supplies for the regular shooters too and got good prices by truck load. I did shoot around 10,000 a year so I did look for best pricing. Shooting mostly Pistol now and reloading for that.
Paul

Back