Compound slide not good.

I simply do not like having to repeat myself. It means the other person has not read what I wrote, which far too often means they just have not bothered to read what I wrote.
If I start a thread asking for help, nobody has to read it. Nobody has to respond. Nobody has to understand what I was talking about. It could be that my writing is not that compelling or clear. Maybe I'll just try harder next time.

It's available for $25.49 on Kindle. The formulas are far too small to read on the Kindle app on a phone, but are fine on a PC using the cloud reader.

I simply do not like having to repeat myself. It means the other person has not read what I wrote, which far too often means they just have not bothered to read what I wrote. I hate that. Everyone makes mistakes, me more than most, and I am very tolerant of human error. I am not tolerant of laziness, however. I am not accusing anyone in particular of anything, but I make my best effort to be certain of what other people take the time to write, and I expect the same consideration. I also take great pains to write accurately and succinctly. Whenever I find myself repeating something I have already clearly stated, I am not happy, no. I do not think that requires a time out.
apparently not too tolerant of human error. I also don't like when people don't read, but sometimes; its that we read it but forgot, our minds are already racing to other things, or some of us are older, and forget.

now if you want to get help, don't keep shooting the people trying to help... I think you shot twice. The third time you may have some shotguns pointing back at ya.

If I start a thread asking for help, nobody has to read it. Nobody has to respond. Nobody has to understand what I was talking about. It could be that my writing is not that compelling or clear. Maybe I'll just try harder next time.
I follow your reasoning, but I don't really see how it is particularly pertinent. Whether one is pleading for help or offering it, one is still due the amount of respect one earns. I certainly am not trying to be a jerk, here, but answering the same question more than once is a waste of time, and so is asking it. Certainly it is true one garners more flies with honey than vinegar, but one should not feel compelled to erode one's self respect in order to receive assistance.

I am quite certain Jeff did not intend any offense, nor anyone else here, but it is not a lot of help to tell someone something they already know.

I intend to do just that. I did not know they could be had for $20. Of course, gently used is perfectly fine. They should sell electronic copies. For one thing, one can't get oil all over a digital copy, and I won't have to search all over the shop to find where I last had it. The best thing, however, is the ability to search digitally.
You can get a brand new digital edition for $120. Of course, that's a lot more than $20!

apparently not too tolerant of human error.
I can't expect you to know anything about me, but actually, I am. You may ask any of my former colleagues or my employees. As a professional engineer, of course, I strongly dislike errors of any sort, but I go to great lengths to support and defend those who make an honest mistake.
I also don't like when people don't read, but sometimes; its that we read it but forgot, our minds are already racing to other things, or some of us are older, and forget.
I doubt there are many people here much older than I. There are a few, I am sure, but the number grows smaller every year.
now if you want to get help, don't keep shooting the people trying to help... I think you shot twice.
I disagree. I did not shoot even once. Nothing I said was in any way caustic, disrespectful, dismissive, or vituperative. I most certainly did not engage in any personal attack.
The third time you may have some shotguns pointing back at ya.
I have been shot at by people with real guns. After nearly 40 years working as a physicist and an engineer, any changes to my character are not terribly likely, especially not ones that I feel would diminish my worth as a human being. Others must judge this as they like. I certainly enjoy getting help. and I enjoy even more helping others, but both must develop on my own terms, or not at all. Again, I do not intend the fact to offend anyone at all, but if it does, it does.

You can get a brand new digital edition for $120. Of course, that's a lot more than $20!
I never have liked that sort of math. It hurts my wallet. The Kindle edition is the 31st, which I believe is the latest.

It's available for $25.49 on Kindle. The formulas are far too small to read on the Kindle app on a phone, but are fine on a PC using the cloud reader.
I believe you are referring to the GUIDE to the handbook, not the handbook itself.

Could you tell us which Vevor model it is? It is possible replacement parts could be found for some models.
I see you gave 200 X 750 as the dimensions, which makes it roughly 7.87 X 13.4 inches. In this case, the model number will help, as
that size is "odd". A picture of your lathe would probably be useful in this case. I am wondering if it is one of the 7 inch family lathes, like
a Sieg SC2 which has been re-branded. What size is the chuck?
Do you know whether it is the upper or lower half of the compound blocks which has the error (taper)?

Last edited:
Back