Compressed air Blow Guns you like?

airgun.jpg
I guard this one jealously. Some people that I know are like crows and like 'shiny things'. May be as old as I am and will no doubt, be around long after I'm gone. Used to be in any shop but I don't know if you can buy them like this any more.

Here are my favorites...

These 2, I keep one by the mill & one by the lathe. They were made by Guardair. The models are Jet Guard which I believe was made by someone else before Guardair. The tips have a safety feature that blasts a cone shape of air to protect the user from chips or debris so they are OSHA approved (not that I care). Not sure how well that "safety shield" function works. Air output can be adjusted with the knob just behind the trigger. These are their older models which are no longer made.

They now make a new style which are bulkier and they consume much more air cause the safety shield output has been increased. I actually took mine apart & limited even more flow to the safety shield. I didn't like the new ones so I gave it to a woodworker friend.

Img_2214.jpg

Img_2234.jpg

The other ones that I have (don't ask me why I have so many). :)
Img_2218.jpg

The conical tip ones don't have a hole in the tip. The air outputs around it & follows the conical tip. I use this one for blowing off my workbench or an area on the floor. The tip makes it quieter too than the others.
Img_2220.jpg

And my others that I don't use that often anymore. One is an older USA made Craftsman. It has a quick release collar for the tips. The other is just a pocket pen type I kept in my pocket when I was a mechanic. Not sure who makes it, I think Amflo, just says USA on it.
Img_2223.jpg

Wow Will! Thanks for the wealth of photos.

Per your request, I will not ask why you have so many. But - do you like tools?

Yeah, I know, I got issues. :D

Great thread by the way. I wanted to start a thread like this. I know they're just blow guns but I too would like to see what others use.

Many of us have issues with lots of tools. Then there are the others who haven't been bit, so far...

Well good thing is at least we all know we have a problem & here we can share our issues that others just wouldn't understand. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. ;)

I've had a couple like the black plastic one in Alan's first photo, but they don't survive high pressure. I run 175 psi, and the valve gives up after about 5 minutes of use.

These are the ones I have. The center one is an older model and has a piece of brake line soldered into it. That's my favorite. The one on the right is a Harbor Freight, and is my second favorite. The Milton second from the right is my oldest, and third favorite. The two on the left are also HF, but just don't seem to measure up to the others.

GG

20170406_223148.jpg

Made a trip out of town to visit to my son. We went to his shop and look what I found.

It's what I thought he used and what I am now going to buy. It came from McMaster and is not that expensive. It works really well and the valve throttles the air really well.

air nozzle.jpg

Many of us have issues with lots of tools. Then there are the others who haven't been bit, so far...
I'm one of those who hasn't been bit yet, is it too late to start collecting at age 63? lol.
I have only 6 or 7 of these blowers but the one I like the best is the plastic one on the left in Allen's first post, the pressure in mine can be controlled by how much the trigger is pushed which I like when blowing aluminum chips off the mill.
We still have not talked about "tire inflators" , or "sand blasters", yet.

Back