Compressed air Blow Guns you like?

This is an interesting thread as I just bought a new one that looks like the one from Mcmasters, my original one I used for 4 years came in a kit and looked like the right hand one in the first post.

I had been using my old one to remove seized caliper pistons, but they wouldn't come out, so it was time to get something better.

The new one was so powerful it almost blew a motorcycle brake caliper out of my hand when I first used it, I was surprised how much more powerful it was.

Here it is, from Astro Pneumatic. $17.99 CAD regular price.

AP-1717_MED.jpg

https://www.kmstools.com/astro-pneumatic-4-blow-gun-with-rubber-tip-1125

I have a 1/4" ball valve with two foot of 1/4" SS tubing for a nozzle that works great. I flattened the tip of the tubing just a bit to get a fan pattern of air.

We all have collected these over the years.

Here's a photo of some I have. I have several more in the garage, just too lazy to retrieve them. None that I have are great. The best I have is a Wilton (second from left in the photo). (Edit: Milton not Wilton)

I like the shape of the one on the left but the valve is sticky. I'd like one with that shape and with a good throttling valve.

Recommendations would be appreciated.
View attachment 230717
Okay, discovered why the one on the left in my photo that kicked this thread off is no good. Made in China, sold in the Big Box store, and dirt cheap at <$6 bucks! What was I expecting?
dirt cheap and doesn't work well.jpg

Thanks to all that responded to this thread. I suspect that most of us had fun getting to see all the air blow guns folks use and like, new and old.

I have a new nozzle via my weekly McMaster delivery. Here's my new air blow gun, it is not Chinese, and it works well. Has a 16 bar pressure capacity and the trigger is not sticky and it throttles the air as needed.
blow nozzle.jpg made in Sweden.jpg

Here is the one item I can rave about from Harbor Freight. In fact, I liked the first one so well that I bought years ago I bought a half a dozen more to equip my shop. They are cheap and work great. I outfitted them with the long nozzle and quick disconnects.

View attachment 231683

Here is the link, http://www.harborfreight.com/air-blow-gun-with-4-in-nozzle-68258.html

I have a couple of them in the shop.. Great for dusting off and when you don't want a full 90psi blast.

I like the Guardair 80WJ. It has the conical tip, no center hole. We've got quite a few of them in the shop and they have been very durable.

Got plenty... Best one is home made using a air over oil jack valve with 24" of brake line. It's strong enough that I like to keep back away from what I'm blowing off.

I have everything from little short ones with fine tip, to one that I can extend to up to 3 feet. and one that is about like blowing air straight out of the hose. Even have an old one that you put on a air chuck that you use to air up tires. They kinda multiply

HarborFright makes one that looks like the one on the left. They work well for about a month, then start leaking. Disassembly shows an engineered in failure in the design. Not repairable....don't buy... oops been thru three....

Back