Compressed Air Hose Clamps

A lot of people here mentioned a variety of methods to clamp hoses but no one mentioned about these reusable fittings. Is it because they are not good?

I use those and they are the best thing ever. I have never seen them as cheap as the link you posted.
I find them on ebay or amazon and they are in the $7.00 range and still well worth it.
Brand new harbor freight hose reels have a poor end and both of mine cracked at the fitting and began leaking in the first week.
I used the clamps and electrical tape until I found those reusable fittings.
They are built just like reusable hydraulic fittings so the idea is sound. I've never had one come of or leak yet been using them about 4 years.

The last mill I worked at had smallish refrigerator type air dryer, water filters at the stations, and receiver tanks scattered around and still got water . It played havoc with the air tools. That wasn't as bad as the first mill I worked at, it was a sawmill in northern BC. We ran two compressors for 1200CFM but only had 900CFM of dryers. Come the cold mornings in the winter we would be out under the log deck thawing out the solenoid air valves with tiger torches.

I use those and they are the best thing ever. I have never seen them as cheap as the link you posted.
I find them on ebay or amazon and they are in the $7.00 range and still well worth it.
Brand new harbor freight hose reels have a poor end and both of mine cracked at the fitting and began leaking in the first week.
I used the clamps and electrical tape until I found those reusable fittings.
They are built just like reusable hydraulic fittings so the idea is sound. I've never had one come of or leak yet been using them about 4 years.

Glad to hear rgray that someone else is using them fittings. It was hard to find them in my area but when I found them I bought 4 although I only needed 2 (handy to have them around). It’s true that link has them cheep; I paid here CAD $7.25 each (about USD 5.00). They look neat and easy to install

My industrial experience with air hose fittings is that fails involve the typical plastic hose with a white liner and yellow jacket over braided cords....The plastic gradually flows under the clamping force,and the hose pops off the fitting...Which is why the painters always used the small stainless type screw hose clamps.....they could tighten the screw periodically if the fitting was coming loose....I used to make up hoses with the crimp type ring fittings,but they were generally replaced with the screw type by the painters.......after all,they were the users,not me.....I was the maintenance man,too old to do useful work!.....according to a 15 year old.
In twenty years that (15)yo brat will be wishing that he'd learned more from you, just as I lament now not having paid more attention to what the T&D makers were trying to pass onto me when I was young. He needed to get smacked down for that kind of comment though, IMHO...

i have used the correct barbs and band type hose clamps for hundreds of 3/8" air hoses over my career.
it's standard practice in most shops i have been in or around

Its OT,but the 15 yr old was a funny kid.............he was told not to drive the machines.....everytime you looked he was on a forklift,one time I caught him moving a 50 ton mobile crane across the yard......"the foreman said I could"......yeah right...........bright kid,expelled from school,my bosses got $5000 for employing him from the govt.........which they pocketed ......the kid got into ice,was stabbed thru the heart by his girlfriend ...and survived.

The crimp rings for PEX tubing works great if correct size.

Requires correct size barb and ring, but if stars are in alignment and your hose is just right and the barb is just right and you happen to have the PEX tool and ammo it comes out clean with no sharp edges.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back