Compressor doesnt shut down (video)

Progress report...i decided to take the pressure switch off and clean it. I figured i can probably find a replacement for this component if needed. It was a bit dirty looking and the contact points were dirty but cleaned up okay. Dont have it back on yet so expect another update when i get this much done.

Edit: I got the pressure switch all cleaned up and reinstalled and it cycled properly the first time, gona require several more on/off cycles before i know if i solved my problem.

Thanks for the tips!

Last edited:
I think cleaning the switch has solved my problem. I actually did have a secondary problem when i got it reassembled. It wouldn't restart at the cut in point. Seems there are slightly different screw lengths holding the cutoff diaphragm fitting to the under side of the housing. I didn't notice this until it was too late, but deduced the long screws went in the holes that had the chassis of the switch involved. One screw was interfering with the rocker arm and applied just enough force to act like high pressure so the cut off was still active. I posted a follow up video on my channel if you want to see more.

Thanks for the advice on this guys!

Back