Computers Never Forget

Ray C

Registered
Registered
... Well, I was resurrecting an old laptop for use in the shop. It hadn't been turned-on since 2014 or so. Good old XP, it fired right up. I started the browser and the home page was still pointing here and it auto-logged me in just like it used to.

Ain't that a kick in the pants?

Ray C.

Damn good karma if you ask me.
**G**

Great to have you back, Ray! Might have been a kick in the pants, but it was a good one.

... Well, I was resurrecting an old laptop for use in the shop. It hadn't been turned-on since 2014 or so. Good old XP, it fired right up. I started the browser and the home page was still pointing here and it auto-logged me in just like it used to.

Ray C.

Nice to see you back.

Nice to hear from you guys. As I would expect, looks like things have changed a good deal in the last 3-4 years. Very nice indeed. After browsing around, I recognized quite a few names.

Well... I'm not in a position to post as much as before but, I'll stop in here and there to see what's going on.

Ray C.

Nice to hear from you guys. As I would expect, looks like things have changed a good deal in the last 3-4 years. Very nice indeed. After browsing around, I recognized quite a few names.

Well... I'm not in a position to post as much as before but, I'll stop in here and there to see what's going on.

Ray C.
Wow, a blast from the past! I really miss your experiments and build threads Ray.

Please do stop back, We really do miss you.

Ray C.

My XP-dedicated laptop is dedicated to CAD design & Microsoft Office programs. I only go online to download CAD drawing files to avoid viruses.

She lights up every time & holds up to a terabyte of memory. All my other internet needs are sourced by a windows 10 unit that incubates pita issues regularly.

My XP-dedicated laptop is dedicated to CAD design & Microsoft Office programs. I only go online to download CAD drawing files to avoid viruses.

She lights up every time & holds up to a terabyte of memory. All my other internet needs are sourced by a windows 10 unit that incubates pita issues regularly.

Hi there uncle Harry...

My main desktop is running the super-duper version of Win 7. It's well cared-for and behaves predictably. I'll stick with Win 7 at home foresee-ably. Some other computers I use regularly have Win 10. It seems to function well enough but I find the user interface a step backward. Fortunately, I can live my personal life just fine without any computers at all so, if computers become disagreeable to me the way Win 98, ME, SE and Vista did, I will simply stop using them.

Every year for decades, new cars/vehicles have been rolled-out and for the most part, I think positively of them. I find it amazing that consumer-based software devices consistently take 1 step forward and seemingly 4 backward every year...

Take Care

Ray C.

Back