Convert a manual grinder to auto feed?

Good idea, added to list.

My starting problem is that I know nothing about programing anything in any language. So i don't even have a clue as to how to structure a program let alone the syntax of of all there cryptic function names.
Even the starter kits and manuals are loaded with TLAs right from the begining that I do not know what they mean.

In its simplest form, your program will have 5 basic functions
User Interface (GUI)
Generate Pulse & Direction for steppers
Read Inputs
Write Outputs
Main (this is where the timing and calls are done)

Somewhere in the program will be a clock that will cause the program to scan a module and execute the above functions. I don't know what the syntax looks like for this, but I'll bet there is a lot of info on the internet.

I would create a module for each of these functions and call the module as needed. Not sure how this is done with an Arduino, never programmed one.

Then create a descriptive variable name for each item because both you and the program need to be able to read it, maybe like LlimitSwX (Left Limit Switch X) and assign to maybe input 1. I don't know what the variable name limitations are for your development platform, but I think you get the general idea.

I hope this will get you pointed in the right direction.

I wonder just how many of us it would take to submit inquiries about the Tiny Controls TNC-G10 Surface Grinder Controller to get the fire lit for them to get it back in stock. Getting this controller or something similar would get my fire lit to move on with the stepper or servo conversion. From my research so far setting up the motors drivers and power supplies will not be an issue. It is the controller. Hardware wise it would not be all that hard to do something like an Arduino processor and that could even have a nice touch screen GUI. BUT I am worse than terrible at writing software. I know NOTHING about how to do it or even where to start. If I could just buy this box ready to go, that would be wonderful.
The Tiny controls TNC-G10 is (to me) a poor choice for a controller. I looked into this due to this and similar threads. The biggest objection I have is that it does NOT make use of the standard G code that all CNC machines use. There are a number of CNC controllers on eBay now (7/2020) that are being touted as surface grinder 2 axis controllers (Like the TC5520H at $160). All use G code as well as being sold for $200 or less.
I realize this is an older thread, but it’s a viable option.
Rick Morris

Back