Converted my sandblast cabinet to pressure blast with foot control

Yeah, I probably won't be buying more of this media. It sucks nobody in the store could tell me what the stuff was and there was absolutely no way to tell what it was by the label on the bag or on the bin. Where's truth in advertising when you need it?

The bulkhead fitting is a great idea. Our local Ace has it as I've seen it in the bins just never used one. Also got a chance to take a look at the different blaster pots at HF yesterday. One of my requirements is my blast cab is mounted on a rolling table I got from a school surplus, so the pot needs to fit under the table. I just have an old Devilbis 30gal compressor with a IR v twin pump so not a lot of cfm's but with the reduced pressure you recommend it should work just fine for my small scale set up.

Now I've got to figure out a mod to dump out of the bottom of the blast cab into the pot that isn't going to be a pain or messy.

I just got a notice that I got a like on this thread.

I did make one additional modification to it.

Where the regulator goes in by the cap I drilled and added a second line of regulated air. The unit would go like gang busters and then run out of air. It's wasn't my compressor running out of air, it was the low CFM rating of the HF regulators. I thought about increasing the size of the lines to 3/8", but again it wasn't the size of the line that was the restriction.

It would have taken a lot of rework to change everything including the regulator over, so I just drilled and tapped below the cap and added a 2nd regulator to pressurize the tank.. That cured the problem completely.

Last edited:
Back