Converting Anilam 3200mk to Mesa 5i25/7i77

OK then. That means you have the later high voltage drives :) Now you just need to switch K2 on with the 7i77 enable output and it should run :) Just let the clamp float, or wire it through a set of unused contacts on the E-stop switch.

awesome I'm working on that right now. I think I'm short a couple little Hardware pieces tonight. I need the little stands to mount the boards to.

Made a lot of progress tonight. Box is looking a little messy as I've had to pull wires it if the tracks to route them. But I should be able to tuck them in once I test drive everything.

I do have two separate power circuits going into the box. One is the original 110v that goes into the EMI filter, K2, Bridge Rectifier, CAP, then BUS on the drives.

The second 110v comes into the computer PSU. Power from this PSU operates the computer mother board, hard drive, 5v into the 7i77, and switches the K2(the ground side runs through the door switch and and external on/off switch). I may change that and control with 7i77 if I can figure out how to do it.

I had the PSU wired in as described and couldn't get it to switch on. I tried jumping green to black and still nothing. So I pulled the PSU out completely to bench test and it works fine. Going back together one connector and testing. Seems to get working fine, but this is where I stopped for the night. I haven't wired the K2, or 5v 7i77 back in yet. I'm thinking maybe the lead going to the K2 was too much and causing an instant trip. If so I need another plan for activating that. Open to suggestions!

Thanks for the help,!
IMG_20181026_232130.jpg

The second 110v comes into the computer PSU. Power from this PSU operates the computer mother board, hard drive, 5v into the 7i77, and switches the K2(the ground side runs through the door switch and and external on/off switch). I may change that and control with 7i77 if I can figure out how to do it.

I had the PSU wired in as described and couldn't get it to switch on. I tried jumping green to black and still nothing. So I pulled the PSU out completely to bench test and it works fine. Going back together one connector and testing. Seems to get working fine, but this is where I stopped for the night. I haven't wired the K2, or 5v 7i77 back in yet. I'm thinking maybe the lead going to the K2 was too much and causing an instant trip. If so I need another plan for activating that.

''(the ground side runs through the door switch and and external on/off switch)''

Can you draw a picture of that? I'm confused.

K2 should not be turning on until the 7i77 tells it to, which should be after the program is up and stable, and you press the servo enable button. The the control side of K2 only draws about 10 mA or so @ 5V, don't see how that could trip the PS

if it wasnt for bad luck...

It seems at some point my K2 relay has stopped working. Hopefully I can find a replacement monday. And my monitor isn't working, but hopefully its just a cable issue.

''(the ground side runs through the door switch and and external on/off switch)''

Can you draw a picture of that? I'm confused.

K2 should not be turning on until the 7i77 tells it to, which should be after the program is up and stable, and you press the servo enable button. The the control side of K2 only draws about 10 mA or so @ 5V, don't see how that could trip the PS

Heres my cave man drawing. Using 12v from the computer PSU. I was going to turn the drives on once everything was ready with the external switch on the box. I would wire my E stop through the power side if this was successful. Last night the K2 relay worked fine. Today, not so much....

Door switch.jpg

Would that SSR be sensitive to input and output on the AC side? I'm going to test it again, useing a battery for the DC side. Maybe the power from the PSU is too dirty for it?

The power from the PSU should be fine. I would get rid of the door switch, that may be your problem. In an industrial setting, the door switch is a good idea in some cases, but in the home shop...... My lathe used to have several door switches, including one that actually tripped the main breaker. Notice I said ''used to have'' :)

The power from the PSU should be fine. I would get rid of the door switch, that may be your problem. In an industrial setting, the door switch is a good idea in some cases, but in the home shop...... My lathe used to have several door switches, including one that actually tripped the main breaker. Notice I said ''used to have'' :)
I hooked directly to the SSR and nothing..

To top it all off the graphics portion of the motherboard gave up the ghost. So kinda starting over on that..... One step forward.

Hmmm, are you sure you have 12V out of the PSU?

Back