Cool Video

The young couple who creates those videos have been at it for a long while. Their YouTube channel is hugely popular and I suspect they're augmenting their income and having fun at the same time. They are from Finland. He's a machinist working in his father's industrial shop.
Now he's doing all kinds of videos inside his machine shop. This fellow's understanding of mechanics and related areas is quite good. Personally, when I need to vegge-out, I like watching them.

If you watched to the end, you could see a piece of hardened bearing steel vibrating right after it was shattered. It's amazing that we have high-speed cameras costing a few hundred bucks that can capture such detail. In the 1980's the DoD was spending millions to capture images like that. As late as 1985, they were using cameras to watch how missile projectiles oscillated inside 16" battle cannons prior to the time the projectile fully engaged the rifling. With that analysis, improvements were made in the bbl and gave it about 5 more miles of range.

Groundhog... The mechanical energy released from that ball was mainly stored energy that started to build-up as soon as the anvils started putting pressure on it.

Ray

Nice lathe and a great wife. Best kind to have willing to work together . Mine sure is top shelf and im glad she's mine.

Nice cheery video of two likeable youngsters , They do not seem to have "Airs & Graces" One could like working with them and not feel talked down to, If they were explaining something to you it would come from their hearts, I like the big centre lathe.
My daughter has said to me, Could I show her how to operate a small lathe I own which I have been rebuilding from a basket case

Back