Copycat Mill Build.

Got two extra holes in previous pic, i accidently reversed coordinates, hopefully its just cosmetic

should not hurt anything, did you compare my measurements to your mill
who knows if they are all drilled the same? the alignment pin holes are drilled after assembly i guess because they are not in the same locations on my mill table. so i did not install the pins
steve

yikes
i learned real fast spinning endmills do not push flash away they suck it in
steve

just a thought
once you have everything figured out you should be using shielded wire for all the low voltage connections from the breakout board to the controllers to avoid problems such as false signals.
steve

I made the mistake of not removing an endmill from the spindle while setting up a part in the vice. Ran my fist into (spindle was off). Cut me pretty good. They cut people even better than aluminum...

Also, shielded cable is good, but you need to make sure you ground your shield properly, or it doesn't do you any good. Usually there is what is called a "drain wire"; a bare wire that runs through the length of the cable and sits against the metal shield. Tie this to earth ground. Don't tie it to your power supply negative, that can just make things worse.

Steve,

I checked the measurements before i started making brackets and it looks like it will fit.

I got 100 feet of shielded wire from the same place as you.

Do you have the demensions for the side brackets? I did not see them in the zip file from your build?

7HC,

I ordered the parts i needed for the controller from online, not bad for .54 but $6.oo shipping was high.

Dms,

thanks for the tip on the ground wire.

off to make more brackets.

brack.JPG
This is the first time i have used a rotary table and jacked it up a bit.

brack1.JPG

brack.JPG brack1.JPG

I'm headed for the shed now
I will measure the side brackets/standoffs and post them this morning
there was no drawing because none of the machining was cnc
the coupling length makes a difference in the standoff length i will post my coupling lengths also
your moving right along
steve

Back