Copycat Mill Build.

as i typed that it started lightning here
it will have to be later, i'll post as soon as possible
steve

my standoffs on X and Y are 3" long 1/2" thick and height matches bearing mount plate height
Y height 2.375
X height 2.0
my couplings are 1.5" long
the mounting holes are 1/4-20 thread and I transfer punched them to align
steve

here is my mach3 zx45mill xml file
it is the complete setup and present calibration of my mill
you can unzip and copy this file to your mach3 ( c:\mach3 ) directory and as long as you are using a uc100 controller, you set all drive switches to match mine, your mill will be calibrated and ready to tune and set backlash.
when you open the mach3 loader you will see zx45mill in the list of choices
if you have the same ballscrews you will be all set to start
steve

Attachments

• ZX45Mill.zip
    30.9 KB · Views: 28
Steve,

I want to see if my brackets fit before going further and an having a heck of a time find a bolt to use as a jack screw to get the mill bracket off, any sugestions?

lanham

photo1.JPG

photo1.JPG

the pins are tapered and have a thread in the center. i just found a screw and used a claw hammer to pull them. once they move they slide right out.
your coming along pretty well. did you order the same bearings as i did? if so they will need to be worked on. they did not put a shim in mine between the outer races so i could not preload the bearing. to see if yours are shimmed, press in on the inner bearings with your thumb and forefinger to preload and see if there is movement still. if there is you will have to take it apart and add a shim inbetween the outer races. i used a thin wire bent around the inside of the housing.
steve

Thanks,

i am heading to radio shack in a few to pick up some heat shrink and look for a bus bar and a power switch or two, any suggestions?

lanham

Steve,

doing some wiring today, what are the three aviation connectors above your breakout board for?

lanham

at the present time i dont use them
1 is for limit switch or inputs such as touch sensors autozero z ect.
the second is to run and external relay for coolant pump through mach3
and the third would turn the spindle on and off through mach3
there are other uses I just wanted to bring all the inputs and outputs to the outside of the case. you cant get to them once everything is installed in the box. there is another wire you can see taped to the harness inside marked relay also that is extra
steve

Back