Corona-Just My Thoughts Only

Hi guys, I locked the thread overnight because (maybe I'm reading too much into it) some of the replies read like they were skirting the political/religious/social edges of commentary that ultimately ends in a thread getting locked. It was late, maybe I shouldn't read threads half asleep...

I'm unlocking it because I think my actions were a bit premature. I think the OP @horty was on the mark with venting about how COVID is affecting him and his family directly without getting into too much social commentary while keeping well clear of any politics. I was worried that the subsequent replies would prompt further political discussions and take the discussion into the ditch.

Well, I've had two cups of coffee and came to my senses. Unlocked. Keep it between the guard rails please.

@vtcnc, I have no problem with you locking it, and I recognize my part in bringing it to the brink of acceptability for our site. If nothing else, I learned how quickly things can get spun up and escalate. Everybody is feeling tension from goings on that our outside the sphere of individual control, which is really just putting a pre heat on our thoughts at this time. I feel that the no politics policy keeps this site focused on what unites us, rather on what divides us. Cheers!
:beer:

Here in my corner of Canada were experiencing a bit of a second wave.
Thanksgiving seems to have been an inflection point and people gathered in larger than usual numbers.

So now we’re down to gatherings of six people. But we don’t have mandatory mask rules. Yet.

I have to hand it to my fellow citizens who are wearing masks. I went out on the weekend and forgot my mask. I felt like a pariah when I got out of my truck so I went back home and got one.

My partner has been tested twice, my stepson once.
All negative thank goodness.
I’m tired of it, my partner is tired of it and the kids are tired of it. We’re predicting potentially another two years of protective measures.
Sigh.

If you want to see grace under pressure Google “Dr Bonnie Henry” and watch some of her news conferences. She’s our Provincial Health Officer and is simply amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ve been masked at my workplace since March, and when we re-opened in June we made it a condition for anyone entering. No mask or medical reason to not wear one? Sorry, you’re not coming in.

I take my temperature twice a day and chart it, I make all my staff sanitize our building at the beginning and end of each day and sign that they’ve done it. And we just issued layoff notices to 16 of 22 employees last week. Come January we will try to carry on for as long as we can with a skeleton team of six.

I’ve been at my workplace for 33 years and have never seen anything remotely close to this.

-frank

I am very sorry to hear about your wife’s health problems.

I have been scared out of my wits since the middle of March because I live with my VERY sweet 86-year-old mother-in-law. The last thing I would want in this world is to cause her to get coronavirus.

We just got an alert an hour ago that a few visitors from our sister plant in Florida tested positive while re-entering from our other plant here in Md . We've been masked up since this all started also and have only had a few cases here , none starting from the company itself .

Back in April, the first of 25 of my coworkers got it, and I stayed home for 5 weeks.

After that, I was out of sick days and vacation days, so I had to go back to work and open myself up to exposure because my bills weren’t going to pay themselves!

Everybody is sure going to be glad when this is all over. Stay safe, everybody!

Last edited:
Back