Could use some welder cart ideas

Haha just don't go inflatable. Those damn things never stay aired up!

Speaking of wheels - these are the 6" poly on cast iron ones I used on my welding table build last year (thread here: https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/welding-table-build.56070/#post-462140)

They are awesome and I can easily move my 800lb+ welding table around on my concrete shop floor. However they cost about as much all the other material combined! But I agree with RayC you can't underestimate the importance - for something like a welding cart I would definitely want to "cry once".

IMG_2318.JPG

Luckily I have a few sets of large wheels, some of them with a rubber outer tire. I have had toolboxes with undersized wheels that got hung up on any pebble on the ground so I'm all in on that.

I welded steel angle to an old two-wheeler and added big rubber swivel wheels to the front end.
Holds the TIG, two bottles, and filler.
Steers like a shopping cart.
A very heavy shopping cart.

Daryl
MN

Haven't built the cart yet, but have made up a 50' cord from 6-3 boat cable with (3) NEMA 6-50 receptacles to power my mig, tig and plasma.

I would want much more convenient storage than you've shown. Perhaps a full size file cabinet drawer.

Just something to give you guys a laugh at how poor people live. :D An old stick welder, a Horror Fraught flux core special, on 2 carts made out of what I had, but they work.

bIaUbIN.jpg

Back