Couldn't take the heat any longer.

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
It's been in the mid 90s here with the heat index in the triple digits. I'm just not able to do the heat as I once could.
Have a 20+ yo Amana window unit laying around, with only about (6) seasons of use on it.
Figured why not? How hard could it be?
Well the garage was put up in the 70's and they put in mobile home windows sourced from the Clayton salvage bin.
The Amana almost fit. Less than an 1/8" too high.
Had to bend out the aluminum frame and remove the sliding pane, then there was room enough.
Of course the 1440 is underneath the window.
Only took a day and a half. -BLEH

0720201613__R.jpg...0719201823a__R.jpg

Have a brother in Phoenix, could not believe when he told me it was 117 the other day. That's only 5 less than Death Valley a couple days later
-Mark

This is exactly why I moved up into the mountains. Even with California's low humidity I'd had enough of 100+. Can't imagine living with the heat AND humidity. Laundry mildews on the line and just raising your beer makes you break sweat.

The wife and I have been coping with 85+ degree temps in the house, with the A/C at full blast. Finally realized that the ceiling is at 98 degrees during the day! It's a rental, and I already knew that one of the two roof vents had been replaced with plywood, but it looks like the ceiling insulation is non-existant, or nearly so. I heard the house had severe roof damage before it was repaired and we moved in. We're getting out in a couple months.

Nice job Dan. That should bring the humidity down.
Cheers
Martin

But it's a dry heat. :)
We use to go check on my parents in Tucson. One August my Dad wasn't doing well so my wife, fox terrier and I were on our way. We stayed the night in Palm Springs. It was so hot the dog couldn't go lift his leg, his pads were burning. Looking for a shady spot or a piece of grass out in the desert is not easy.
The swimming pool was like a cup of hot tea.

At least you noticed. I've seen people walking dogs on insanely hot days and being totally unaware what being "barefoot" is like. Sorry for the thread-jack but it's a hot button for me.

90's here also. Glutton for punishment so I went into the field and weed eated all day. Drank a bunch of Gatorade.

At least you noticed. I've seen people walking dogs on insanely hot days and being totally unaware what being "barefoot" is like. Sorry for the thread-jack but it's a hot button for me.
You're not hijacking at all.
I've been putting our mutts back indoors in the afternoon. They want to hang in the shop but you can tell by all the panting that they're hot also.

90's here also. Glutton for punishment so I went into the field and weed eated all day. Drank a bunch of Gatorade.
You be crazy...!

Back