Counterbore sets

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
There are listings for socket head counterbore sets, but I'm having difficulty finding any sets, or descriptions for hex head bolts. I do have a counterbore set to 1/2, but for hex heads that takes my down to 1/4-5/16 hex head territory. Not sure if my search terms are not right, or it's not a popular item. I would like to see if I can get something up to 5/8 bolt with washer diameter.

AHAAA, more than one way to skin a cat.....
I just grabbed 4 box store 5/8 washers, they measure 1.300, to 1.330 was the biggest, I only have ER-40 collets to 1 inch. OH well.

Last edited:
I've got this counterbore set. Just a cheap Chinese set but does the job for me. I would just use end mills before I had this.

20190530_195415.jpg

There is one just like that one on ebay, but a couple of slots are empty.
I see there are reduced shank end mills also, interesting...

Last edited:
Flat bottom end mill Mike ! ;)

Flat bottom, center cutting, but will I miss the pilot? Center finding on a hole just adds another step.

You would not move you table after drilling would you?

There may be preexisting holes that need a washer surface, like when I upgraded my axle studs to 5/8" that use shoulder nuts, and spacers depending on wheel thickness. The existing washer facing is not large enough, and there is a hollow under the shoulder nut/spacer. I could not get the flash right, sorry for the poor picture.

Back