Countersink a hole to a specific dia. help

Good news, the countersink calculator works great. My diameter was perfect.

So here is my first real Haas Lathe CNC Project all completed. The countersink depth is perfect and I used a spot drill to get to that measurement. Pretty cool.

IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0964.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

CRS 1018, why do you ask?

Edit - This is actually the part I scrapped. I made a few minor changes to the RPM's and facing (because it didn't face on this part).

Speeds + Feeds make all the difference in the world. Faster RPM's spinning gave me this shiny part. MUCH better product.

IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG

CRS 1018, why do you ask?

Edit - This is actually the part I scrapped. I made a few minor changes to the RPM's and facing (because it didn't face on this part).
I ask because in the future your employer will give you a drawing and say make 30 of these by Wed.
The first question that you should ask is, what is the material and in what condition is it.

A drawing may specify CRS 3" round material, this gives you little information to work with, one material in a particular condition may turn easily, the same general material in a different condition may take far longer for the same part.

I see that you have discovered the fact that the faster you turn it the better the finish, well done

Back