Craftsman 101.21200 toolpost rocker

The rocker was a little off, but it put the tool in the right place and chips abounded!
That's encouraging. I 3D printed the part I modeled as a test and it looks like an OK fit but maybe not perfect, that said it's not like I have the original in front of me to compare.

The inexpensive import QCTPs are decent enough quality.
Yeah, I figure this lathe is small enough I'm not going to be seeing the kinds of forces a commercial lathe would. I'm positive I don't need the name brand. I've been looking at what Shars has, they're local-ish to me and I've bought some of their house brand stuff for my mill and it's been good enough for my purposes.

Last edited:
Finally got out to the garage to make my missing part. Broke an end-mill before the final depth and the pass to clean up the contour and I didn't feel like starting over so I cut it off with a sawzall and back to the mill to face the cut side. Slightly oversized from my model seems to fit pretty good though, so I'm not mad.

Of course playing with the tool post I noticed the threads on that are all messed up. The excuses to buy a qctp are stacking up rapidly.20201012_134849.jpg 20201012_141341.jpg

Last update on my tool post fun. Picked up a couple replacement hex screws and ran a tap through the holder to clean up the threads.
Made my very first cut on this lathe to put a bit of a blunt end on another screw that I'll use for the time being. Pretty happy with how it works, and my lathe is officially functional.

Screenshot 2020-10-13 231908.png

Back