Craftsman *108.150X/Covel Excel small power hacksaw parts

'porter

Registered
Registered
I'll post a pics/measurements of it if need be, but it's the same deal as what shows up in a web search. No badges or tags on the machine for a perfect ID.

Base casting has missing teeth where the vise clamps into it, corresponding vise screw mount is also trashed, the main blade bow has been broken-then-brazed, and the ratchet mechanism's teeth are all trashed. Everything else seems to be intact if you need pieces off one of these machines, but not enough is good to fix this one unfortunately. It does have the auto cutoff switch casting & switch pusher rod, as I've seen that mentioned on here when I was looking it up.

Edit: Added Craftsman model number, and found the sales brochure that shows the roached feed ratchet teeth are a separate piece from the likely serviceable arm casting. The slide end seems to have fared much better than that or the pivot bushing.

Last edited:
Do you still have this? I’m looking for the moveable jaw parts for the vise (even the damaged ones so I can make replacements) and the blade tensioning parts on the end of the blade frame casting.
thanks in advance,
paul

Now that I remember I was here, I might as well bump this up in case anyone else was looking for pieces!

Finally dug this ratty old thing out and power washed it, so I can get pics for anyone interested in stuff from it.

Do you still have this? I’m looking for the moveable jaw parts for the vise (even the damaged ones so I can make replacements) and the blade tensioning parts on the end of the blade frame casting.
thanks in advance,
paul
I have a fairly decent one the main blade bow was broken and welded its pretty straight

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20201124_114006_resized.jpg
    20201124_114006_resized.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 17
I'm interested in the moveable half of the vise if it is still available.

-Bear

Do you still have this? I’m interested in the casting and rod for the auto-shutoff feature.

Back