Craftsman 108.22920 band saw

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
I forgot I had it. It was a gift from my friend Andy.
I set it aside at work right after the big fire. I just didn't have a shop or any tools to fix it at the time.
Drug it out today, cleaned the ash and dust off it, oiled all 9 oil ports. The motor runs, all the blade guides roll.
I ordered the 60" blade.
Stay tuned.

Attachments

• saw 1.jpg
    saw 1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 27
  • saw 2.jpg
    saw 2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 32
  • saw 3.jpg
    saw 3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 31
  • saw 4.jpg
    saw 4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 29
  • saw 5.jpg
    saw 5.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 31
That will be handy.

A left handed bandsaw! Never have seen one with the blade on the left side ---

I believe all of the craftsman band saws have the blade on the left side. Mine does. It is a slightly different model. What is unusual about Jeff's is the chain drive.

IMG_3721.JPG

A left handed bandsaw! Never have seen one with the blade on the left side ---
That's what's wrong with it. It was bass akward but I couldn't figure out why. It's awkward.
I'll see how it works with a new blade and go from there. I'll keep in the family.

Never having had a band saw before I didn't notice anything awkward about mine. The switch is on the right side and I use my right hand to lift the blade. The tightening screw is also on the right side. All seemed pretty natural to me. I guess it's all what you get used to.

That chain drive looks scary to me too. Yikes.

OK, the exposed chain is worrisome. But I'm fascinated by the entire drive system! This is the first arm-type bandsaw I've seen with the motor in the stand.

Both the drive shaft gear and the gear on the wheel are beveled. The pivot angle of the arm matches the angle of the bevels.

Back