Craftsman 108.22920 Power Hacksaw

Nice looking saw. I've got one of these as well that is awaiting restoration.

Talk about serendipity...I found one of these sitting in a defunct recycling yard yesterday. I was thinking about trying to buy it from the owner. Think I'll make him an offer when I see him next time. The one I found is a 22921.

I'm loving it. going from a manual Little Machine Shop 4829 to the hydraulic feed lets me keep working on anything, while the saw is cutting. It perfect for the home shop. It actually cost less than the other one. Unlike the Atlas mill i picked up at same sale, this has not been used or abused much. I'm kicking myself for not picking up the 10" Atlas lathe as well.

I have a Craftsman Horizontal Bandsaw, part number 101.22922, and I bought a new blade. However, the teeth are in the wrong direction. I could rewire the motor, and get it to go in the opposite direction; but, then all the strain, is on the clamp. Any suggestions?

I bought one these a few months back at an estate auction for $40. The new blade that I ordered for it had the teeth going the wrong direction. A forum member told me to just twist the blade inside out. I did that and all is good. The saw cleaned up nice. The stand on mine is different from the OP's stand. My stand is the same as shown in the manual that I found online.

IMG_3721.JPG

One more data point for reference -- a Sears 101.22923 in original paint with original Sears stand. I put casters on the stand so I can move it around, otherwise it's bone stock.

Been cutting a bunch of 2" diameter steel rod and 2" x 3" steel bar lately and the saw doesn't even break a sweat. I love setting up a cut, turning it loose and going off to square up and size the prior piece on the mill. Ya hear a KLUNK as the new piece drops down onto the table and then the motor shuts off..

Great little saw!

IMG_3320.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3321.jpeg
    IMG_3321.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 8
I have heard of these saws having an automatic shut off. Mine doesn't have that feature and the manual that I found online also doesn't show that feature. Meta Key could you take some pictures of the automatic shut off on your saw. I would like to add that to my saw.

Mine is a 101.22922 and also lacks automatic shut-off. Also interested in adding one. (Still working on it as it has a leaky hydraulic cylinder).

I went searching and have found a manual that hows the shutoff switch. I looked at my saw and didn't see an obvious place where it might go. I did find a faint dent in the base casting. Didn't look like it was in the right spot. It was close. Could be just a casting flaw. Meta Key if you could post a picture of the shutoff switch on your saw and measurements for its location that would be a big help.

Back