Craftsman 109 lathe

I have recently installed a 240V 3-phase, 1750 RPM motor on my Atlas TH42 lathe. Motor is a #56 frame size, which was easily adapted to fit the original motor bracket on the lathe.
I used a Baldor 1 HP VS1ST 120V VFD, and I wired up a potentiometer for speed control and a SPDT switch for FWD-REV. I am pleased with how it turned out, it works really well.

Bill
HI:

May I ask where you got you parts from, I want to build a bowl lathe ,and convert my millrite mill, as well as my craftsman 109 lathe and drill press

thank YOU for you reply

HI:

May I ask where you got you parts from, I want to build a bowl lathe ,and convert my millrite mill, as well as my craftsman 109 lathe and drill press

thank YOU for you reply

Here's the motor I bought:

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...-460-Volt-AC-3Ph-S56-Leeson-Motor-10-2711.axd

I also got my motor shaft pulley from the same place.

The VFD is something I had lying around, any 120V or 240V single-phase input VFD with adequate HP rating will work, as these will have a 240V 3-phase output.

Bill

I pulled an old treadmill out of the garbage to use the motor eventually, but my daughter stole it and is using it as a treadmill. I got a nice motor with my 109 so I am just going to build a jackshaft for it, hopefully things will calm down after harvest is over, I am up to my eye balls in broken farm machinery right now.

Hey Randy would it be hard to add Dunlap to the header of this section, a new owner might not know they are related to each other

I don't know, I'll find out what the staff has to say.

I don't know, I'll find out what the staff has to say.
Hi: I am the new guy may I suggest that you just add a (/ Dunlap ) and that would make it easier for most to find everything at one spot I by no means am trying to step on any toes Thank YOU

Hey Randy would it be hard to add Dunlap to the header of this section, a new owner might not know they are related to each other

Hi: I am the new guy may I suggest that you just add a (/ Dunlap ) and that would make it easier for most to find everything at one spot I by no means am trying to step on any toes Thank YOU

No you aren't stepping on anyone's toes. I am a lowly mod and not an admin. I do not have the power to make your requested change. But, as you can now see, your request has been granted.

Back