Craftsman 12" Metal Lathe and Machinist Tool Set

Pedrejo

Registered
Registered
Hey All,

I was looking at CL and saw the following post. Honestly, I have no clue what all of the tooling is worth. Based on some of the other threads, a fair price for the lathe would be around 500(?). Seems like 1000 for the tooling is steep, but again I don’t know. I’m just getting started, some experience on a mini mill, but zero experience on a lathe. If anyone can take a look at this and let me know what you think I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Craftsman 101 07403 12" Lathe
Gear Change Set
Steady Rest
Knurling Tool
Craftsman Caliper, Hardened
MZB Caliper, Hardened
Outside Micrometer - Starrett No 203-C
Outside Micrometer - Craftsman (0" - 1")
Outside Micrometer - Craftsman (1" - 2")
Outside Micrometer - Craftsman (large)
Outside Micrometer - Starrett No 224 Set AA
Inside Micrometer - Craftsman Set
Inside Micrometer - Craftsman
Inside Micrometer - Brown & Sharpe MFG
Inside Micrometer - Starrett
Depth Gauge - Lufkin Rule Co. No. 515
Inside Micrometer / Depth Gauge Rods
Surface Gauge & Scribe
Telescoping Gauges - Craftsman set
Triangle Gauges - Set of 2
Machinist's Rulers
Outside Caliper (Large)
Outside Caliper - Starrett
Inside Caliper - Starrett (Large)
Inside Caliper
Hermaphrodite/Jenny Caliper - United
Dial Gauge - Starrett
Feeler Gauges - Kastar
Feeler Gauges - Dunlap
Rule Clamp - Starrett No 299
Cutter Grinding Gauge - Warner & Swasey
Protractor - Starrett No 236
Right Angle Clamp Combo Square - Starrett No 289-B
29 Deg Screw Thread Tool Gauge - Starrett No 284
Misc Tool Holders & Die Holders
Misc Cutting Bits and Tooling
Drill Bits
Taps / Dies
Kennedy 11 Drawer Machinist's Tool Chest

C125A1E8-5190-4313-9989-CD386AC96FDB.jpeg

I won't disagree, your value offered is reasonalbe, considering the aparent condition of everything. Well cared for. An Aloris type tool holder would be an improvement, but I see nothing else needed. Maybe a 4 jaw chuck?

$1500 USD for the lot is a deal, $2000 would be top end retail. The tooling is a good list and a lot of Starrett brings the price up. Of course if you can get it all for under $1000 you will have made off like a bandit..... if you get the lot for under $750 you should go directly to church to beg forgiveness, IMHO.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume that the Craigs List asking price must be $1500. That and the physical location are the two important bits of information missing from the first post here. And the 3rd bit is whether of not it has a motor and if so, what kind. That may not have been given in the ad.

I'm not far, and saw this on craigslist as well. I was thinking about asking about this one here too, but I just got a different lathe that is taking up my attention. I was thinking it might be talked into being cheaper, but the lot really looks nice. If I had the money sitting around, I would probably go take a look at it in person. Even for $1500, which may or may not be a good deal if you individually bought everything shown, I kinda think this looks like a decent deal.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Sorry, I tried to post a link but was rejected. Should be easy to find by searching by title of this thread in Minneapolis CL. The ad said a newer 3/4 HP motor was installed by the previous owner, and yes, $1500 was the asking price. I think I’ll see if it’s still available and hopefully go check it out.

Back