Craftsman 3x6 horizontal bandsaw

These band saws were made up to 50 years ago. It is definitely reasonable to assume the screw has been changed to the wrong size. Glad to hear that you are getting things figured out. Do you have the same saw as I do? Model #101-22922. You will to get a needle oiler if you don't have one to oil all of those little ball check oil spots. I got mine off Ebay. Getting the blade to track right took some fiddling.

Mine is the 108 model. I will be keeping an eye out for the one that goes vertical and has a stand.
Here are some pics of the cylinder. I think I am good to go, just need to get the thing filled up.
Spindle oil is the closest thing I have to 20 wt so hopefully it is not too thin.

Attachments

• IMG_20191203_133801.jpg
    IMG_20191203_133801.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20191203_134101.jpg
    IMG_20191203_134101.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20191203_134109.jpg
    IMG_20191203_134109.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 175
I got a new blade off of Ebay and the teeth are going the wrong direction. When looking at the new blade the teeth face to the right. On the old blade the teeth face to the left. There is nothing on the packaging that references the direction of the teeth. Did I just get a bad blade or am I missing something?

Since posting the above I have been looking at band saw blades and every picture I see looks like the the teeth face to the right. Are craftsman horizontal band saw blades odd balls?
I’ve got one of these bandsaws that I’m trying to put into service. I’m not sure if the person that had it before me set it up correctly or not. I’m curious of the blade direction. Is it from left to right or right to left? Thanks for any help.
Ed

I’m curious of the blade direction. Is it from left to right or right to left?
Looking down on the saw, the blade travels clockwise.
Or, put another way, the blade cuts toward the fixed jaw of the vise.

-MK

Looking down on the saw, the blade travels clockwise.
Or, put another way, the blade cuts toward the fixed jaw of the vise.

-MK
Thank you so much! That explains why the blade keeps running off I’m sure. The manual never states what direction the blade goes so I wasn’t sure. Someone else had already mounted the saw and motor before I got it. Just to clarify I attached a picture of my saw. This is the direction that you are stating correct? Mine is going in the opposite direction. Thanks again for your time.
Ed

Attachments

• IMG_4179.jpeg
    IMG_4179.jpeg
    635.4 KB · Views: 42
Yup. The red arrow is pointing the correct direction.

I don't think running the blade backwards would undo a previously cut piece but I've never tried it. ;-)

-MK

Back