Craftsman vise bidding is getting high.

Nice vice, but, I like my 6” Wilton bullet better, that’s mounted on a 24’ long work bench with a tabletop of (3) 4X12’s:).
That sounds stout enough, Dave. Does the bench hold the weight all the stuff you have on it? Is there anywhere left to set something down?:)

Now at 153 for a small vise.. , It's starting to look like it does pay to make one pretty.

Looks like some members might be breaking out the polisher for there craftsman vise if the thing goes much higher.:laughing:

A stark contrast to a vise someone showed from a craigslist add a couple months back, the guy was asking 200-300 for what he called a "professionally restored" vise. He painted white spray paint over every part of the vise, no cleaning... Nothing.
This one is the complete opposite, very impressive looking, nice to see someone do such a creative job...

That sounds stout enough, Dave. Does the bench hold the weight all the stuff you have on it? Is there anywhere left to set something down?:)
LOL’s, I have maybe 1/sq ft of space on it…maybe. Sometimes no space. Never more than 2/sq ft. When I made the bench I called my wife and told her to look at it and remember how clean and not cluttered it was. Because it will never be the same again!!! It’s like a magnetic crap collector. Every time I turn around the bench has got more crap on it. I can’t figure it out? I think I will set-up a hidden camera to see how it happens.

LOL’s, I have maybe 1/sq ft of space on it…maybe. Sometimes no space. Never more than 2/sq ft. When I made the bench I called my wife and told her to look at it and remember how clean and not cluttered it was. Because it will never be the same again!!! It’s like a magnetic crap collector. Every time I turn around the bench has got more crap on it. I can’t figure it out? I think I will set-up a hidden camera to see how it happens.
Mine is about the same. Strangely, in my house I do not allow "stuff" to collect on horizontal surfaces. Crammed in boxes and piled up in closets, yes. But in the shop, any recently cleared area (and I clear them off often) immediately fills up again...

Now $181 interesting? I'm in AWE, this is way over the value of this vise.

Ya' know ... it's pretty likely that at least some of that crap is aluminum. So you might well have (unknowingly) invented the elusive "aluminum magnet"! Maybe you can get a federal research grant to finance a scientifical investigation :)

Back