Craftsman vs SWAG or both

Check out gear reducers on ebay or Amazon. Probably the most common way to bring the speed to the most usable range. Mike

Thanks for all the input, its been an education....both others experiences and the provided links. I think for now I'll be asking Santa for a Swag kit and a Milwaukee portaband. I have a cold cut saw so if I find that my needs are more than the (2) will cover then I'll look for a proper metal cutting vertical band saw. Thanks again

I have a swag table, started with a Milwaukee saw, then found a like new DeWALT saw at a used tool store, the DeWALT saw is way better than the Milwaulkee.... That being said I also have a 20” bandsaw but use the swag saw far more often, probably one of the handiest tools o own!...

Lee

Blade guides are better, has a light on it, lol, just all around beefier. Believe me I was a Milwaulkee fan, I actually went to the used tool store to buy another Milwaulkee and he had the DeWALT also.

Lee

The newer 6232-20 is meant to compete with the DeWALT. Thanks for the info...I'll take a hard look at comparisons and reviews

The Dewalt I have has the same depth of cut as the Milwuakee - 5" (DCS374 Max Cut).

The light is actually pretty useful, it more or less shines on the work. Only when doing detail do I need to put the magnetic lamp on.

Back