Craigslist is Barren

Shootymacshootface

I make little metal out of big metal.
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Has anyone noticed how few listings are on CL? I guess that its another unexpected side effect of the plague.

kb58

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Well we can invent reasons, like they have bigger concerns right now. Or maybe they think the seller's market will be terrible, which is probably correct. Anyone care to speculate how new car sales are right now? It's a real question as I have no idea. Anyway, in terms of used machinery, what's the motivation right now to sell, other than someone passing away...

Cadillac

Registered
Registered
Haven't been on CL since all the debacle but I could see it going both ways. People either cleaning out or purging excess for some spare change. On the other hand I wouldn't want to be dealing with anyone I don't have to right now!!! :eek 2:

Shootymacshootface

I would say that many ads have been taken down, new ads not put up because it's not a idea to come i to contact with random people right now.

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter
My local (Portland) listings look normal. Lots of machines, tooling, and tools. Might be a regional thing.

Shootymacshootface

Here in New England it is mostly items that have been up for a long time. I think that Ebay is the way to go right now. More items and no direct contact with yucky humans.

mmcmdl

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
Staff member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm doing my part to keep it alive , I sold my Cub 126 off of CL today . One less yard ornament ! :big grin:

Shootymacshootface

I hope that, that didn't leave you tractorless. I have a 1956 Farmall Cub with a loader. I don't know how I would get along without it

mmcmdl

Staff member
By no means . I still have 3 zero turns and the Bota FEL . ( along with some other toys )The Cub I hope will be my last ..............................until the next one .

WesPete66

Active User
Registered
Has anyone noticed how few listings are on CL? I guess that its another unexpected side effect of the plague.
Dunno about the plague thing, but my experience lately has been that people are moving from Craigslist to Facebook marketplace. (Not advocating for FB since I'd just as soon it went away, but the user groups on there are nice, as is marketplace..)

Shootymacshootface

Dunno about the plague thing, but my experience lately has been that people are moving from Craigslist to Facebook marketplace. (Not advocating for FB since I'd just as soon it went away, but the user groups on there are nice, as is marketplace..)
Come to think of it my wife looks there frequently, I think. I've never had a FB account, but she keeps an eye on RI3gun to keep me informed of upcoming matches.

matthewsx

Cub Cadet

cub126.jpeg

Handsome and hard working garden tractors.

Craigslist is still producing for me, I found the exact rolling workbench I had been hoping for today and will put my new Rockwell DP on it tomorrow. Yes, much classified traffic has gone over to Facebook. I sold my camper there a few weeks back although I did have it listed on Craigslist too. People are on that thing 24x7 so it's bound to be a good place for selling stuff. I only use it for Marketplace and Messenger now, I do my "social" media at Hobby Machinist these days :grin:

John

mmcmdl

Staff member
Hey ! That's a sweet looking Cubby there ! :encourage:

Aukai

The Cubby giving you a.......never mind TMI

finsruskw

The 126 is also the 3rd rarest cub built with a production run of just 5,247 units built!
Here's mine I restored from a basket case several year ago.

DSCN3574.jpg

And just for the he!! of it, my front yard on the 4th every year.
That's been a few years ago though, The fleet has grown somewhat since that picture!

DSC00472.jpg

This is from last year
DSCN5968.JPG

Last edited:

Aukai

Very nice condition cruiser!!!

finsruskw

Thank You!!
It's one of 964 produced and is blessed with a special order paint code for a non standard 300F paint color, Polar Blue.
300 Club Int'l Inc research shows that It is the only one known to have been painted that color when new although there are several others known to have been painted other colors that were non standard 300 colors.
Supporting paperwork was found under the back seat when we cleaned it out prior to restoration back in '85.
We drug it out of a barn near Council Bluffs, IA back in '79

Aukai

That is a great story, wow, I'm glad it went to someone who cares. :encourage:

randyjaco

Active User
Here in the Houston area, there are very few new ads. In fact last week I ran an ad in "Tools" and it stayed on the first page for a week. There are usually 50-100 new Tool ads a day.

mmcmdl

Staff member
Nice collection of Cubs fin . I saw them over on the OCC site also . My 126 should leave tomorrow if the guy cleans his trailer off . I have a bunch of literature on all the old Cubs that will most likely show up on OCC also . I just plain old have too many hobbies . :grin:

finsruskw

Yeah, I need to thin the herd as well. There is another 126 on the bench right now!
Going to hang a deck on it and use it for a spell this spring.

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock