Crazy video of making a pistol slide (India/Asia?)

ErichKeane

Making scrap at ludicrous speed.
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member

First, notice the homemade face mill! It looks like they braised some inserts to a shop made tool! Also, the lathe chuck instead of a collet is something!

The mill itself is pretty cool, looks like they have a horizontal/vertical combo, and they have a shaping-attachment (~8:30) for it! That looks like a clever/simple (perhaps shop made?) attachment.

In the end, it is a quite impressive looking slide. I don't really know what pistol it is to, but I was expecting "Hi-Point" level, but some of the finish work is actually making it look like something decent.

Those poor files... well, now I know how eBay Glock slides are made! Probably the same shop the inernet vendors buy AR parts from, by the look of it!

Yeah, I'm impressed, but precision?...probably not. Chip clearing off vices not to mention cutters is about non existent. Indicating for jaw lift? I'm guessing the guys at Sig, Springfield and the likes are a lot more tighter how hey do things. Those guys are pumping it out though! Maybe it Taurus?

On the opening screen, notice how the slide progresses from unfinished, to finished to a totally different slide on the pistol. That there’s some magical machining.

Tom

Makes me wonder how the FAT is gonna get all our guns if some of us can just keep on a making them????

I am vise shopping/researching this weekend for my home mill hobby and then I see this guy. Looks like he'd kill for my old Bridgeport vise I am wanting to park on the shelf.

Back