Create A Lock For Longitudinal Feed On Sg

itsme_Bernie

Active User
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Hey Folks

I have a few fixtures for grinding round workpieces on the surface grinder, which has left me stuck.

I have a Sanford 8x12 surface grinder which is very well put together, but probably not as nice or well appointed as others.

Do you have a manual sg with a locking longitudinal feed? How does yours lock? I am trying to find a way to modify mine in way that is positive, and possibly not screw up my machine.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Bernie

The ones I have worked on have a bumper on the casting with moveable stops in a T slot on the table. Hard to come up with an idea without seeing the table of the machine. If you don't have a slot on the table you could always fabricate something along the lines of what I wrote above and fasten it on the table and on the apron.

I did a quick google and found this that gets to what I wrote.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Sur...paign=zPage&utm_medium=link&utm_source=direct

I'll post some pics of my machine later on, and I will check out your link in the meantime. Thank you Tommy

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Folks

I have a few fixtures for grinding round workpieces on the surface grinder, which has left me stuck.

I have a Sanford 8x12 surface grinder which is very well put together, but probably not as nice or well appointed as others.

Do you have a manual sg with a locking longitudinal feed? How does yours lock? I am trying to find a way to modify mine in way that is positive, and possibly not screw up my machine.

Any input is greatly appreciated

Bernie
Old thread, but one way of locking the table without making new hardware is to move both table dogs in all the way on both sides of the center block and lock them there.

Old thread, but one way of locking the table without making new hardware is to move both table dogs in all the way on both sides of the center block and lock them there.

Thanks Bob
That’s the problem though, there aren’t any dogs or center block on this machine.
I guess the answer is to make some.

Bernie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back