"Crescent" wrench complaint

I have seen it mentioned in several books, adjustable wrenches should be always turned towards the movable jaw, as shown in the video. The reasoning is the the movable jaw will be pushed down towards the body of the tool, thus giving it more support. To go the opposite way would lift the jaw away, introducing play and putting more force on weaker areas of the tool.

Thanks for that and the picture Eddy! I could make no sense of the first video that was posted.

My feeling towards these wrenches matches exactly an old saying I heard....."They fit every size bolt equally poorly!"
Of course I do have several, but only use them where appropriate.....not too tight and saving a walk to get a real wrench.

-brino

I’ve collected a few dozen since I was a kid from 4” to 36” and put them in my cars, trucks and heavy equipment and size them accordingly! They have bailed me out many times away from my shop so they have their emergency uses! I have a few favorites but I don’t have cheap brands which usually let me down at the worst times! I had a 4” version that opened up to 5/8 ,very rare one but some tool theif scummer stole it, Great tool to have around but it’s the first to disappear!

Back