"Crescent" wrench complaint

I agree with Ed, I always thought pulling towards the movable jaw was the best way
Mark

Two bits of conflicting information. Crescent has an arrow on the handle of their wrench which presumably indicates the direction of pull and Snap On says this:
1524069314212.png

I have a set of Bahco adjustable 'spanners' that were given to me by my father 30+ years ago, they were given to him by his father way before that. 5", 8", 10" and 12" in the set I have
I use the 10" and smaller 5" version almost daily in my job. They still have no 'headache' in them at all

I carry a 10" crescent wrench in my tractor tool box. That and a pair of vise grips and a couple of screwdrivers have often saved me a walk back to the house for a "proper" wrench.

Agree completely. The small tool box on our big tractor has 2 sizes crescent wrenches a vise grip, 2 screw drivers and the exact size wrench for the shear bolt on rotary mower. Walking a half mile back to barn for a wrench gets old in a hurry. Best Crescent wrench I have is a 1971 12" that I bought new at Hardware store, Japan made True-test. It was expensive for an 18 year old kid.

The above post was a disaster... Let me try again... Is there not a way to delete a post?
I kept getting double pictures. The more I worked with it the more pictures I got. ???

Around 50 years ago I cut the handle off an 8" adjustable and made a pocket wrench out of it...

Pocket adajustable wrench.JPG

Back