Critter nests

My back yard has a bunch of trees, and the ground is covered with english ivy... there is a small yet functional eco-system out there.
I used to have a 'cat house' in back yard... that is... a small building for feral cats, who kept the rodent population down. The last few winters have been a bit on the cold side (anything below 20 is unusual here, we had single digit nights), and my feral cats have either moved on or died... not in the cat house though.
So now I need to find a couple of new feral cats... Or maybe go up into the N GA mountains and bring back big black snake (had one of those a decade ago).
One way or another... need something to keep the rodent population down.

Yeah I've seen what happens from not checking the magnets on engines that have sat for a long time. The Lincoln Weldanpower I have sat for at least 10 years and the guy I got it from tried starting it before checking things out. Three of the magnets had come loose and ground around inside the flywheel. I salvaged the stator but had to replace two of the magnets.

I do quite a few of these repairs on Onan engines and magnets are very hard to find. May I ask where you got your replacements. I'm running out of used ones and I think the Kohler magnets will fit Onan.

Last edited:
I do quite a few of these repairs on Onan engines and magnets are very hard to find. May I ask where you got your replacements. I'm running out of used ones and I think the Kohler magnets will fit Onan.

I also do a lot of small engine repairs and I used some from a different flywheel I had laying around.

Back