cross reference

carlbob

Registered
Registered
Am looking to replace the two bearings on the cogged belt pulley shaft. The part numbers in the book are 044-017. Does anyone have a cross reference to a good part number.
Thanks!!

I don't, but it might help to give the machine type (lathe, mill, etc.) and model number. For one thing, the cogged belt may or may not be original to the machine.

Can you see the bearings well enough to read the numbers on them? Those part numbers look more like a manufacturer's number. If the bearings
are bad, you could just pull 'em and take them to a bearing supply house. It's likely they're something standard.

More information is needed like said above machine type model spec.
This is like going to buy a tire, it has to be round and black in color.

It's a clausing model no 4914. I came original with a cogged belt from the spindle to the jack shaft that is driven by a v-belt off the electric motor. Just thought someone who had a 4914 gear head lathe might see this if they had replaced the jack shaft bearings.
Seems as if everyone one this site is more interested in the variable speed drive newer model clausings that from what I've read have a lot of trouble with that hydraulic drive. I'll stay with my good old gear head drive. No problems..

Back