Crying Shame. Project Lathes & Mills

Middle.Road
I removed the Anilam DRO from the mill, Yes it powered up. and the display worked.
Not sure if the scales function yet.

I was just going through my lathe old notes. When I bought the surplus lathe in 2014 that is pictured above, I contacted LeBlonde (they handle parts for Standard Modern lathes) about getting a shear pin. I supplied them with the serial number and they wrote back that the machine was made in 2005! Some of these surplus machines are practically new in lathe years. They show signs of neglect, but not of hard use.

You know what will really make you sick? Seeing the crap they actualy store inside. Mostly cubicle dividers and office furniture that's next to worthless. Depending on where the machine is and how much work you are willing to put into it, the surface rust can be removed. If it's from the southwest, where they don't get much rain, it's probably not too bad. If it's from Florida, only buy it if you need a boat anchor.

I just did a search on the auction website and there are a couple of Bridgeport mills listed for auction in the dry southwest. Ironically, both are indoors!

I just did a search on the auction website and there are a couple of Bridgeport mills listed for auction in the dry southwest. Ironically, both are indoors!
Links! Please post some Links! (if you don't mind :grin:)

Oh heck,,, that's only 280 miles / 4 hours away from here... Don't need another BP but there is a 2" belt sander.
Gee I wonder how high that will go. . . :grin:
There's a few interesting things in Blue Ash OH....

Back