Crying Shame. Project Lathes & Mills

I looked at everyone of the LATHES , some have three and four chucks , one even 5C collet , books in a few , they all have the vfd , some don't have tool post . But I'd bid on about three with everything in the bottom cabinets.

These are Candian made and very expensive from what I understand.

About 15K or more new, wish I had relatives there with an empty garage and a liftgate truck LOL

The description has a link to the manefest showing that the government paid $8595 for the lathes and $22,760 for the mills. However, I think the $15k is pretty close to the current price at retail for the lathes.

This is a photo of the surplus SM 1334 that I purchased a few years ago. As I noted in the earlier post, it was very rusty when I picked it up and had some very minor issues that had to be fixed.
IMG_0576.JPG

Look at the prices of the lathes vs. the mills after ~24 hours. *SIGH*

EDIT 01/13:
They're still sub $500.00
Wish I had the resources to gamble on one of the mills for the Anilam DRO. But if they've been out in the weather for any period of time...

Last edited:
Well then, that's over. Prices of course jumped in the last minutes.
I've attached two .PDFs with the final prices.
Gov Liquidations site is way behind the times. The bidding refresh of the prices was way off.
And I feel that they should have them staggered by a few minutes instead of all ending at once.
I had the links above open in two different browsers, so I was viewing all the lots at one time.
If I hovered over the picture it would show a price that was a lot higher than that shown on the list.
Seemed to take several minutes for the list page to update to the actual price.

Does anyone know what a mill or lathe like these is worth in scrap now-a-days?

Attachments

• Lathes-Final-Government-Liquidation.pdf
    194.7 KB · Views: 280
  • Mills-Final-Government-Liquidation.pdf
    239.4 KB · Views: 286
Back