Curious about why these didn't sell.

Duh, I missed reading the details. $3080 handling fee. whoa.

These sites aren't setup like eBay where you can view the sold price.
Quite a number of them are choosing to not publish or show the hammer price. There's even a note to that effect on some.
What I figured out towards the end of the afternoon is that next time I'm going to setup the auction with max items shown in the separate browser windows and then just let it sit until the end of the auction and then print them to PDF.
But that only worked on one site yesterday.
The one in Tulsa by Asset Sales on Bidspotter, the sold for price disappeared immediately.
So I've got two pages of hand written chicken scratches trying to snag the prices.
I would think 'showing off' what something went for would be a plus for future clients, but there must be some other reason.

We have two Sodick A350 wire edm machines that are going out the door. The control boards are no longer available except on the used market and way over priced! We were quoted $7000 for just one board! Well that finished #1 machine and even with moving parts over to #2 machine, it is not economical to repair it as well.

Buying used machines can be economical if they can be seen running successfully, but just buying from a salvage seller is more likely to meet the terms of “pig in a poke” and even if repairable, at what cost and time. The good machines tend to be sold to friendly competitors or to current/former employees and the rest moved to resellers.
Pierre

Duh, I missed reading the details. $3080 handling fee. whoa.

These sites aren't setup like eBay where you can view the sold price.
Quite a number of them are choosing to not publish or show the hammer price. There's even a note to that effect on some.
What I figured out towards the end of the afternoon is that next time I'm going to setup the auction with max items shown in the separate browser windows and then just let it sit until the end of the auction and then print them to PDF.
But that only worked on one site yesterday.
The one in Tulsa by Asset Sales on Bidspotter, the sold for price disappeared immediately.
So I've got two pages of hand written chicken scratches trying to snag the prices.
I would think 'showing off' what something went for would be a plus for future clients, but there must be some other reason.

They would probably like to show off the highest selling prices and hide the low ones to drive up expectations. That's hard to program, so they just hide them all.

I do frequent auctions in my area through bidspotter and the only way you as bidder see the hammer price is if you catch it before the hammer drops or are the winning bidder. Which they screen shot and give you for your records.
Auctions don’t want to show winning bids because they wanna make as much as possible on each sale. They’re not in it for a fire sale price they want as much as possible.

Back