Curta Calculator Scale Replica

racer8412

Registered
Registered
As a beginner to metalworking and machining I've taken on the challenge of creating a scale replice of an original type 1 Curta Calculator, I will be providing documentation, pictures, resources and tips along the way for anyone interested in the project or wanting to make their own. Solidworks part drawings https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12UV_sGF0ronaqxmvK0PDOdtrl5kVPG28?usp=sharing not all drawings have been remade still working on the last few parts.

Last edited:
Fantastic. I'll definitely be following along. I'll try to build one along-side you if possible. I use Fusion 360 now so I'll see if I can open those solidworks drawings in Fusion 360. Thanks.

Most parts are made of aluminum, phosphor bronze, stainless steel, and nickel silver, the exact material is listed in german on most of the drawings. IMPORTANT: ALL MEASUREMENTS ARE IN METRIC

Last edited:
Im also uploading the original part drawings in pdf form, they should appear soon in the drive repository.

Just for general information here's the ReCurta GitHup page and the CurtaWiki page.

ReCurta on GitHub

Curta Wiki

The Curta Calculator Page

The Curta Image File (shown below)

Master24a-16m-pp7-1175x768.jpg

This is an unbelievably heroic undertaking. I have many times wished for one of these. This will be a fascinating thread...

Best of luck to anyone who attempts this endeavor.
I stumbled upon a Curta type II at an estate sale and felt very guilty paying only $20 for it. Nobody knew what it was except for me who had been drooling over one ever since I worked for a surveyor back when I was 17. (Around 60 years ago). The condition of mine is perfect except for a tiny ding in the storage case. I still can’t see how someone in a German concentration camp could dream this thing up in his cell and then start manufacturing them soon after the war was over. They are AMAZING! And are now worth in the thousand plus plus dollar range. I will be watching your efforts as you proceed on this monumental task. Best of luck.

Chuck the grumpy old guy

Back