Curta Calculator Scale Replica

Whoops, it’s a Type 1. Serial number shows that it was made in Oct. 1952. 4000 of them were manufactured in 1952.
Chuck the Grumpy Old Guy

I'm emerald with envy Chuck. Can you post a photo of it and make me drool even more?

I stumbled upon a Curta type II at an estate sale and felt very guilty paying only $20 for it.

I would give you a $100.00 for it just to make you feel better.LOL

I would give you a $100.00 for it just to make you feel better.LOL

I don’t feel quite that bad about the transaction. It would take about 15 times your offer before I would start thinking about it. But then maybe a little more.
Postage would be included though! :laughing:

I'd like to have an old busted up junk one. Something I could take apart so I can look at the parts first hand. I wouldn't want to have pay much for it though.

This is ridiculous. I just finished reading Robo Pi’s
last message and turned back to what I was doing before this whole conversation began. And that was looking up Mahlers 7th Symphony because I never cared for it even though I love many of his other symphonies and a friend suggested reading an internet discussion that he thought was interesting and.......Anyhoo, I was presented with a YouTube page the top item of which was assembling a printed Curta Calculator! Weird! Here’s the address.

The thing is rather large and couldn’t really be called a handheld, but possibly interesting to some of you that have printers.

By the way, the first movement of Mahlers #7 just doesn’t please me. His Sym. 2 on the other hand is my favorite work in all of classical music. I’m now listening to another favorite musician, Tom Waits.

I've thought about building a printed one. Then I got into metalworking...

That 2mm shaft sounds like a bear though. 4x upscale? :)

Machining the parts for one that big would be a lot easier than trying to replicate the original size. The one we're hoping to build is next to impossible to build because of the microscopic size of the parts. But hopefully we'll give it a shot. We're going to need to be clever. No need for a Briidgeport mill on this project.

I double-dog dare you....
Robert

Back