Custom Bicycle

No rear brake yet. I will be putting a Shimano disc on it. Maybe on the front too!
Robert

I think it looks badass!

34074489454_3e0b89e848_h.jpg

I just bought a Shimano XT rear disc brake on eBay. Now I need to figure out how to mount it. My plan is to weld a tab on the bottom rail of the left side of the rear triangle. I will machine an adapter plate to go from the Harley bolt pattern to the disc pattern.

I would love to convert the front to a disc also. I assume it would be a bad idea to try to weld to the front fork? I am assuming that is an oil filled shock that would not like to be welded? I guess I can run the rim brake while I look for a new front setup...

Robert

Last edited:
The tire is mounted backwards. I was hoping no one would notice!
Robert
EDIT: It was intentional. For bicycle applications you are supposed to run the tire backwards. ; )
R

Braking should be better that way. :)
Neat bike, thanks for sharing.

Looking good , any plans on bling is that the word or jazzy it up. Chrome fenders or tail lights little bullet light's? In my day we had banana seats with ram handle bars.

I like the clean, all business look but a set of wheelie bars sticking out the back would be awesome!

Here is a sidebar rant for the few people who are watching this thread:

What the heck is wrong with these bicycle people????
Apparently "alloy" means aluminum. Only aluminum. They do not consider Chromoly an alloy! (or any other steels or Titanium.)
Apparently, the wheel/tire sizes are not accurate and even deliberately falsified to give the impression of lighter weight. A 26 x 2-1/4 tire will not fit a 26 x 2.25 wheel! The decimal expression is a different size.
They will not put on kickstand on the bike due to the extra weight even though the kickstand weighs 1/10th of the weight of the water bottle they are carrying.
They specify bottom bracket diameters in millimeters with threads that are imperial TPI!
Trek, a well known manufacturer, was naming their bikes after fish for a while. I want a bike called the Flounder...

Feel free to add to this list.

Robert

Back