Custom Bicycle

Thanks guys! I love the keyswitch. Safe and effective.
R

I am pleased to report that the Cafe Racer has several successful rides on it without any issues. It runs about 26 mph on level ground. I have yet to find a hill it will not climb. It handles great and is very satisfactory as a regular bike without power.
I am working on a headlight to complete the look. I cast a housing out of aluminum:

37191481385_e53356fa29_h.jpg

37049297791_fdf98cae31_h.jpg

36404469774_e4efee92dd_h.jpg

37263640405_18f9c9bcc5_h.jpg

37073017826_271b3eb8f2_h.jpg

It's 4-1/2" light and the housing is about 5-1/2" diameter.
Robert

That headlight is just too cool. Wish I could do that. :)

Man how have I not seen this until now!!!!! Super cool man!!!! I really dig the casted headlight. My son and I built an aluminum forge last summer and have been melting cans when can. I'd really like to try and do some casting at some point.

http://www.roguehangar.com/bicycles...pringer fork brainfork_files/brainforkns4.htm
you might find this interesting.
have built loads of bikes inc one that used car wheel on back but lost most of pics only got couple left of ones my kids built.
the trike is my boys own design and he did some of welding as well as sourcing bits. ( was 7 at time)
handlebars are of a lawnmower he saw in skip.
springer forks made using springs from trampoline.
twinkle of atomic zombie did stickers for bike.
grey one was one my daughter made in afternoon.
t2.jpg chop 1.jpg

Needed a rack to carry stuff:

36776158464_622be5975f_h.jpg

Robert

For now....I return you to the original broadcast:

Back to the FTB. It is in the process of electrification.
New arrival:

37399323261_b02b860439_h.jpg

This will be front wheel drive so the first order of business is to find a fork that I can mount this wheel on. I have an old Trek with an RST fork. This particular fork has a steel lower with steel dropouts. Perfect to handle the torque and I can also weld it if I need to. Unfortunately I took it apart to inspect it and clean it. I knew pretty quickly there was an issue when water started pouring out of the fork! I took it apart completely and cleaned it up including some time in Evaporust and a trip through the sandblast cabinet.
Here it is looking presentable and drying on the AC vent:

37490934112_cb826cf4d7_b.jpg

Seems to be structurally sound as far as I can tell. I thought about buying a new fork but I cannot find one short enough and I don't want to raise the bike at all. This one has an axle crown distance of 440mm.

Robert

Back