Custom pellet gun pellets

Resurrecting this discussion. Have you made any progress with producing these pellets? The design is interesting, and if you can get them to shoot accurately in most pellet guns, you might have a real money maker ( at a reasonable level, you won't be buying a yacht off the income) if you are able to produce enough.
Just for fun - if your scope mount in sliding back from the recoil, there's a simple fix. Your can use a scope stop.
This quote describes how they work, but you can easily add one to your existing mounts.
- Is it a heavy-recoiling springer? If so, you will want to take advantage of the scope stop that hopefully came with the gun. Often, you will find scope stop holes already provided by the manufacturer on top of the receiver between the dovetails. If the scope mounts you purchased have a scope stop pin, the pin goes in the hole to prevent the entire mount and scope from creeping back on you when shooting. If there are no holes provided, then you can install a scope stop near the rear of the dovetail that will provide that function for you. A one-piece mount is often a good investment if you have a heavy-recoiling airgun, in that it provides a longer gripping surface than a two-piece mount. They aren’t quite as flexible as a two-piece mount, but they are very stable and lessen the need for a scope stop.
Good luck to you both.
Ken

I have not used my lathe in a while but I will make molds so that I can make my own lead pellets.

Try a drop of diesel fuel behind the pellet. It ignites under compression and is supposed to increase the velocity by hundreds of fps.
There is a guy on YouTube that has done lots of testing.
Making a mold can be complicated. Do a little research to save from reinventing the wheel.
It is something that I have thought about doing.

Little league pitchers have their arms registered. here.Flustered
I'm fully aware of this . We met up with quite a few each year down in the Cocoa Beach Fl. tourneys . :encourage:

I made molds for 4 calibers, .177, 20, 22, 25. I buy lead wire and cut it to length then swage it. I also made an extruder for my press so old lead, scrap, and trimmings could be melted down and reused. I can provide more info if your interested. The pics are the mold halves open, the lead ingot extruded, and a close up of a couple of cavities.

Attachments

• 8476FCA3-A20C-4A87-99BE-76B61D90CD5E.jpeg
    8476FCA3-A20C-4A87-99BE-76B61D90CD5E.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • EF8EDFCF-9350-4808-B5E1-2718A7648ACE.jpeg
    EF8EDFCF-9350-4808-B5E1-2718A7648ACE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 9916B6C7-1961-44AC-9372-9FC128AA75BE.jpeg
    9916B6C7-1961-44AC-9372-9FC128AA75BE.jpeg
    923.1 KB · Views: 18
Interesting that you got a hardened barrel. Most of those things bend like a butter knife, which helps because they're frequently neither straight, nor concentric

I made molds for 4 calibers, .177, 20, 22, 25. I buy lead wire and cut it to length then swage it. I also made an extruder for my press so old lead, scrap, and trimmings could be melted down and reused. I can provide more info if your interested. The pics are the mold halves open, the lead ingot extruded, and a close up of a couple of cavities.
Can you explain how the molds are made and how you machined the cutter? Also the process of cutting the cavities. I understand the very basics, but not quite enough to do it. Hopefully the process will also be of interest to others.

Back