• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Cute Little Lathe (Woodworking)

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

MrFixIt

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Shame about the damage though, looks like it was a pretty crappy casting.

dlane

Active User
Ain't going to cut wood or metal as is ,

chips&more

Active User
Registered
It’s only something to look at and not to use. I don’t have much room left in my shop. Think I will save the free space in my shop for something else.

MrFixIt

No, I think it's just a display piece now, it looks like that body casting would take very little persuasion to totally come apart.

Charles Spencer

Active User
H-M Supporter - Silver Member ($10)
You gotta love those tools though. "Made in Japan" by Marx. Definitely from when "Made in Japan" meant cheap crap. And I loved Louis Marx company when I was young. They made the best plastic soldiers and play sets like the western fort, castle, etc. Most probably from the early 1960s.

Randall Marx

Maybe I should buy it, since we share the same last name! :D On second thought, I don't really want my name on something done that poorly.

[6]
[5] [7]