Cutting 1/4" thick Steel Plate

The center leg adds absolutely nothing to the stability; it just complicates an otherwise simple design.

tsk,tsk have to think like an artiste- it looks like a bird foot so it compliments the piece
Mark

I'm going with the bandsaw/mill finish idea. Thank you all, thank you Mikey. That's the one!

Do you have a jig saw?

May sound crazy but I have done 1/2” plate before. Because that is all I had at the time.

toolman_ar

Do you have a jig saw?

May sound crazy but I have done 1/2” plate before. Because that is all I had at the time.

toolman_ar
Yes. You’re right. It does sound crazy. I like my face the way it is. Thanks I’m going with the band saw. Much safer. Always wear eye
protection ;)

Yes. You’re right. It does sound crazy. I like my face the way it is. Thanks I’m going with the band saw. Much safer. Always wear eye
protection ;)
What would the jig saw do to your face. You keep it out of the way of the chips. Don't stick it in there;). Both work.

Thanks, I just don't use jig saws for 1/4" thk. steel. I prefer a band saw.

Thanks, I just don't use jig saws for 1/4" thk. steel. I prefer a band saw.
me too, but if you didn't have a band saw, the jig saw could be your friend. There are some nice metal cutting blades these days. Even my recip saw loaded with a freud blade cuts really fast.

Here is an example. He gives a good explanation of time to cut at the end.

Wear your P.P.E.

toolman_ar

I would use my portable band saw. If I did not have that, a hacksaw would do it with a little effort.

Back