Cutting a gear on an Atlas milling machine

VSAncona

Active User
Registered
I needed to make a gear on my Atlas milling machine recently and I documented the process in a video that I wanted to share. Here's a link to the video if you'd like to see it:

It's kind of long, but the part with the Atlas milling machine shows up at the 13:23 mark. Thanks!

Vince

Great video! Your approach made the process of cutting gears on the mill seem very easy!

Your video is inspiring. I really need to get my small Atlas Mill up and running. Thank you ....Steve

Nice methodical approach to what may seem a little overwhelming to use uninitiated gear cutters.

This is the best video I've ever seen about actually operating the Atlas mill as opposed to just fixing one up (and I'm including the Rudy Kouhoupt video). I rarely use my Atlas since I got a Clausing 8520 and have actually been thinking about selling it (and I NEVER sell tools) but this extremely clear and to-the-point video has given me a lot of ideas and I guess I'll be hanging on to it a bit longer. I will be subscribing!

Wow, thanks guys for all the kind and supportive comments!

I would love to have a larger Clausing or Rockwell mill some day, but for now, there's still a lot I can learn just using the Atlas.

Just watched the video and enjoyed it - so well presented. I can tell you appreciate the old machines - that mill is beautiful. Will be watching the other videos.

I agree with all the other comments, Great job Vince!

Your mill is still gorgeous too. :D

Back