Cutting Helical Gears for Mastiff

Thanks rhost, that looks real close. The RPMs are only 50 more than the one on my lathe.

I recieved some advice on another forum that the start capacitor may be at fault, so will replace that and see what happens.

But I will keep this one in mind just in case.

Thanks eightball. I'd love to hear it run too. :)):))

Ron

Happy Day..... It's running again.

Talked to Grizz tech guys and some other knowledgeable people on another forum and decided to go way outside my comfort zone and tore into the motor to check the centrifugal switch. The Grizz tech guy told me where the switch was supposed to be and what to do to it once I found it.. Sure enough it was welded shut. It didn't take much to unstick it so I filed it clean like the tech guy said to do. ( The contacts look like just copper rivets.)

Put everything back together and it ran like a champ. I think I'll order a switch just have on hand just in case.

I felt kind of foolish about worrying so much about tearing into the motor. It wasn't as difficult as I feared.

Well anyway it's running good now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ron

Happy Day..... It's running again.

Talked to Grizz tech guys and some other knowledgeable people on another forum and decided to go way outside my comfort zone and tore into the motor to check the centrifugal switch. The Grizz tech guy told me where the switch was supposed to be and what to do to it once I found it.. Sure enough it was welded shut. It didn't take much to unstick it so I filed it clean like the tech guy said to do. ( The contacts look like just copper rivets.)

Put everything back together and it ran like a champ. I think I'll order a switch just have on hand just in case.

I felt kind of foolish about worrying so much about tearing into the motor. It wasn't as difficult as I feared.

Well anyway it's running good now.

Thanks for the help guys.

Ron

If you turn it on when the sine wave is crossing a zero the contacts will not arc :roflmao:

Back