Cutting oil

snoopdog

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Does anyone use PB blaster? Been using it for drilling and seems to work good, since I got the mill been using it for that, the new cans I bought the other day have an adjustable output. Anyone else see this?

I can't imagine that the fumes from it would be good for your health ---

You can get sulfur based thread cutting oil in the plumbing section at the big box home supply stores, it works well for drilling, cutting, and turning. There are better choices if you want to buy them from a machine tool supplier but you may not notice the difference.

I don't know how you can stand the smell of PB Blaster.
I use Cut It cutting oil that I found on Amazon. It seems to work well enough for most cutting, but can be a little smokey at times. Any Ace hardware store will have their house brand sulfer based thread cutting oil by the quart and by the gallon. Thats what I use at work, and it works good too.

I agree on the smell of PB Blaster. It is horrible to me. I use PB lubricant. It is different and smells good and for me works great for preventing rust.
Joe

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-120311_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220116-120311_Chrome.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 10
I don't know how you can stand the smell of PB Blaster.
I use Cut It cutting oil that I found on Amazon. It seems to work well enough for most cutting, but can be a little smokey at times. Any Ace hardware store will have their house brand sulfer based thread cutting oil by the quart and by the gallon. Thats what I use at work, and it works good too.
Funny, I hardly even notice the smell

Back