Cutting torch question

todd281

Registered
Registered
I have owned a Harris model 75 cutting torch for some time now and asked about this to several people , including my oxy/gas supplier with no answers . The head of this torch has a screw in fitting that I would like to know what is is used for.[ See the attached picture] Any Ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• harris 75 small.jpg
    harris 75 small.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 54
Not 100%. sure but I have a similar torch and always thought it was a flashback arrestor.

I've used that style torch years ago, never took the time to remove the screw. My best guess could be access to a check ball. It seems to be inline with the fuel tube of the torch mixer. Not really a flash back arrestor, as those are usually on the valve end of the torch body.
Why don't you open it up then we'll all know

I will take it apart tomorrow and post some pictures of what is in there. I had it apart once, many moons ago, but memory is not what it once was.

Looks like it is a called an injector, to work with different gasses (does not look like you can change it, but so different torches can use common parts)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-15 192128.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-06-15 192128.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 22
Ok here are some pictures of my torch head. It looks like it could be what Superburban said , the removable part has 8 small orifices surrounding it and one large one in the end. Interesting I will have to do some more research. thanks for the replies

Attachments

• torch small1.jpg
    torch small1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 10
  • torch small2.jpg
    torch small2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 9
  • torch small3.jpg
    torch small3.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 10
Back