CZ Rami jammed

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
Hi all,
I was in the middle of my qualifying yesterday afternoon for my CCW renewal.
The CZ Rami-40 slide jammed about 1/8" from full battery.
It has a live round in there.
I wasn't able to get my paperwork completed to renew.
I need to find a gunsmith to clear this one. It is STUCK.cz.JPG

The first step would be to safety the gun by releasing hammer spring pressure. I have two CZ's and they both go together the same way,
so I assume the RAMI is the same. If you remove the grips, at the bottom there is a pin that secures the lower end of the hammer spring.
If you remove that pin, you can release tension on the spring and eliminate the chance of the hammer striking the firing pin. Then you
could safely figure out why the slide is stuck. Here's a video:

I'm a member of the CZ forum: if you aren't I can post a question about your stuck slide. I can't think of an obvious reason for that
happening. Let me know if you would like me to do that.

Could be a out of spec round jammed into chamber.lighty tap on back of slide to chamber round after taking tension off hammer..or go other way to eject round..being careful of course..

Could be a out of spec round jammed into chamber.lighty tap on back of slide to chamber round after taking tension off hammer..or go other way to eject round..being careful of course..

If it jammed before going into battery, I'm not sure chambering the round first is the best bet. I'd try to retract the slide if it were me.

I've had one response so far. They think it's out of spec ammo. What kind of ammo do you use?

I lost all my good ammo in the fire back in November.
In California you can’t buy any ammo without a live ID.
I haven’t got it yet. I was given a box of no name from a co worker.
I’d say defective underpowered rounds are the issue.
Somebody nailed it.

Not yet, I haven't had a chance. I'm still weighing my options.
Attempt to do it myself or find a gunsmith. I like the idea of eliminating the hammer threat.
I am reluctant to do anything with it out of fear of it going off.
Safety first.

Back